Monday, February 1, 2010

Scape goat.

When put in incredible awkward situations people deal with them in different ways. Some fidget, some sweat, and some turn to any activity to remove themselves from the situation. Time and again people on the television pretend to have a call, then the phone rings. It is completely predictable to the point it is no longer funny. Now texting has taken over as a means of escape. The same issue can result, but you can receive a text while texting, so its not half as bad.

My friend told me about a kid in her human relations class. Everyday he would sit by her and stare at her throughout the class, without saying a word. An hour of being silently stared at is enough to put anyone on edge! We passed the kid a couple of times and she was like "there he is." While grabbing my shoulder and looking frightened. I found this incredibly amusing. Then one day I was quietly reading in the library when I received a text from her saying. "Weird guy is setting with me. please come. hurry." I then heroically rushed to the scene, while snickering. Weird Guy must of sensed my superhuman presence, because he immediately left. Shortly thereafter Weird Guy quit sitting by her in class. I found this to be very strange. Maybe he didn't want to compete for a friend, maybe he found a new interest, or maybe he thought we were lesbians. At any rate we've all had our "weird guys" and have used the phone to escape or to find a hero. That day I was the hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment