Saturday, January 16, 2010

List Item #1: Yesterday I got a new book. I decided to get a book no one could resist. A book of short stories about modern superheroes. The first story was a bit annoying, as it focused on the superhero’s physical prowess (it was disturbing). Fortunately each story is written by a different author. I was then obliged to skip to a completely different story which I quite enjoyed, until it abruptly ended on a strange note.


List Item #3: I have not written an actual letter, but I have written many silly notes and left them around at my job when we where excruciatingly slow Wednesday. One of the notes I left on the fridge reading “Whatever you do, do not look at the back of the fridge?” I then taped a picture of a snaggle-tooth smiley face at the back of the fridge. (There a snaggle-tooth). I then continued to laugh about it the rest of the night (easily amused?). Today my manager admitted to me that he didn’t look at the back of the fridge that day, because he was afraid there was actually something back there.


List Item #5: I have done minimal work on this front. Today my place of employment was incredibly busy and management displayed a general lack of competence coupled with being annoying and overly demanding (sound familiar?). What really got me is one of the sinks had become grimy. Instead of cleaning the sink, someone took the time to wet their finger and sketch “I am dirty” into the bottom of it. I almost sketched “clean me then.” There also seemed to be a “Convention of Annoying Customers” nearby. I wouldn’t be surprised if these things actually existed. The worst part is one of those customers told me “we’ll definitely be coming back here.” She was so earnest too. My resolve has been further strengthened to find a new job, and have a new set of problems.


No comments:

Post a Comment